The Solid Waste District is open seasonally one Saturday per month for special recycling drop-offs, compost bin sales and a repair Workshop.
Special service for Cuyahoga County residents!
Beginning in July 2022, the Solid Waste District's vestibule is open on a Saturday once a month for special recycling drop-offs and compost bin sales.
Second Saturdays are being offered in addition to our normal business hours (M-F 8:30 AM-4:30 PM, closed on federal holidays). The Second Saturdays schedule may occassionally be affected by seasonal holidays.
- Building vestibule open on Second Saturdays from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM.
- Solid Waste District HQ, 4750 East 131 Street, Garfield Heights, Ohio 44105
Saturday, April 8, 2023
Saturday, May 13, 2023
Saturday, June 10, 2023
Saturday, July 8, 2023
Saturday, August 12, 2023
Saturday, September 9, 2023
Services Offered on Second Saturdays
Cuyahoga County residents are invited to drop-off any item the Solid Waste District regularly accepts for recycling, including computers and electronics, CDs and cases, holiday lights, campaign signs, PakTech rings and handles, VHS tapes and more. See a full list of items here.
Compost equipment and accessories will be available for purchase. Pre-orders are encouraged but not required. See compost equipment descriptions, prices and an order form here.
Select Second Saturdays dates will have additional services or items that will be accepted for recycling, including ZeroLandfill materials exchange and a TV collection. Repair workshops may also be held, see details below.
See our flyer about recycling services at the Solid Waste District. For more details about Second Saturdays, contact us.
Disposal of Other Items
For details on recycling and disposal of other items in Cuyahoga County, use the dark blue 'What Do I Do With?' search bar located at the top of every page of this website. Allow location services or use the city drop-down to find opportunities in your local area.
FIX-IT CLE REPAIR WORKSHOPS
Mend. Sew. Build.
Circular Cleveland, think[box] at Case and Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District in partnership with Oh Sew Powerful, Inc. have developed a workshop to help people repair instead of replace.
Attendees will learn to fix everyday objects with the help of experienced coaches, helping to reduce waste and save money. At this time, workshops are held twice a month. Registration is required for people requesting help with repairs, and coaches are needed for upcoming workshops. event flyer
- Second Saturdays: A Fix-It CLE Repair Workshop is held monthly during Second Saturdays at the Solid Waste District or a Cleveland neighborhood. Hours are 10:00 AM-1:00 PM.
- April 8, 2023 @ Cleveland Public Library Glenville Branch, 11900 St. Clair Avenue
- May 13, 2023 @ City of Cleveland Frederick Douglass Recreation Center, 15401 Miles Avenue
- June 10, 2023 @ City of Cleveland Ben Franklin Community Garden, 1905 Spring Road, Cleveland
- Fourth Mondays: A Fix-It CLE Repair Workshop is held monthly on Fourth Mondays at Sears think[box], Case Western Reserve University. Hours are 3:00-7:00 PM.
The workshop is designed for people to bring an item and learn how to repair it. General demonstrations will not be given.
See details, register, or volunteer to be a coach for an upcoming Fix-It CLE Repair Workshop.